Desktop Windows Hidden [Secure Desktop, we switch your desktop to a separate but secure desktop]

ejames429
ejames429
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Why are all the windows hidden while logging on to 1Password v4.6.0.584? When initially log into the software the entire contents of my desktop are hidden while the log in form is displayed.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @ejames429,

That is because you have Unlock on Secure Desktop turned on, which creates a separate but isolated desktop where only 1Password can run to let you can unlock securely without any other processes listening in. Basically, you're taken to a different desktop, your existing desktop is not touched and when you're done unlocking, we take you back to your desktop you were on.

• ejames429
    ejames429
    Community Member

I thought is was because of some setting I changed - thanks for the clarification. It makes complete sense to me now.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

You're welcome! We probably can improve this experience in the future by taking a screenshot of the existing desktop and use it as the background for the secure desktop, this might make it less jarring. It's on our list to do for the future.

This discussion has been closed.