1Password is not compatible with Firefox unstable versions [Firefox 41b requires signed extensions]

burn123
burn123
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I recently started having trouble with the Firefox extension not being able to be used because it couldn't be verified for use. I have been using it perfectly normally for the last few months, and only a few days ago it stopped working all of a sudden. I realize that I am not the only one with this problem, as there are other forum posts, but they are older. I am confused because it stopped working very randomly. I tried to uninstall and reinstall, but then firefox wouldn't let me even install the extension. I tried disabling the web browser code signature, but it still isn't allowing me to install the app. It says the add-on isn't properly signed

I am using Firefox Beta version 41.0a2. I should also add that the extension is working great in Chrome.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @burn123,

This is because you're using an unstable version of Firefox that has just now started to require all extensions to be signed. Right now, 1Password is not signed nor hosted at Mozilla's addons marketplace, that's why it is not working in Firefox 41 beta right now.

We're working on updating our extension and having it signed and hosted by Mozilla but it will take some time, they have a 12+ week review backlog.

For now, you will need to use the stable version of Firefox to keep using 1Password or disable the requirement for the code signature in Firefox but we don't recommend doing this.

• GibStorm
    GibStorm
    Community Member

Until the extension has been signed do this to keep using it:

1. Go to 'about:config' in your Firefox
    2. Find the setting 'xpinstall.signatures.required' and set it to 'false'

The requirement for signed extensions has now been disabled.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @GibStorm,

We usually don't recommend this because of the tendency to forgetting to turn it back on. It makes the testing difficult to ensure the upcoming extension update will work in the default state of Firefox unstable versions.

Thank you for sharing it with our community.

• Hi guys,

If you reinstall the beta version of the 1Password extension, it should now be signed.

This discussion has been closed.