I use 1password with windows 8. all of the sudden the icon is still there but won't open to signin

I use 1password with windows 8. all of the sudden the icon is still there but won't open to signin

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I use 1password with windows 8. all of the sudden won't open

Comments

• Hi @oliveoyl,

Can you tell us the following versions of:

1. The browser you're using
    2. The 1Password program you have installed
    3. The version of the 1Password extension installed in your browser.
  • oliveoyl
    oliveoyl
    Community Member

Chrome Version 44.0.2403.125 m
    1password ver. 4.6.0583
    1password extension for Chrome 4.4.2.90
    Also says "Google Chrome needs to launch an external application to handle onepassword4-extension://activate/Chrome. The following application will be launched if you accept this request.

But when I hit "Launch Request" nothing happens.

Oh yes, it also says "looking for 1password helper'.

This is all new. It was working fine. I log in once at the start of the day and I was good, before today.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @oliveoyl,

Open the main 1Password program and go to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper. Restart Chrome and see if it works better.

If not, do you have an anti-malware solution installed? If you do, what is the name?

Sometime an anti-malware solution can be over-aggressive and blocks the communication between the browser extensions and the main program.

• oliveoyl
    oliveoyl
    Community Member

Hi. Well, I did what you said and at first it continued not to work. But about 60 seconds in the "Do you want 1password to save this login" pop up came up and that was all I was looking for. Also, it works if I go to File Explorer and click on the .exe. So I made a shortcut to that on the desktop as well. Sooooo I really do thank you for engaging with me on it. Don't really know why, but I am good to go and I'm sure you helped!

• Hi @oliveroyl,

That is unusual, it should've work quicker than that. If you'd like, we can look at your diagnostic report to make sure you're all set to go. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

This discussion has been closed.