Error reports looping after Chrome crashed

Altrus
Altrus
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

my chrome browser crashed, and i got an error from 1password that it detected a problem and wanted to send a report. i said dont send, because it was an chrome error, not an actual 1psw fault. so i said dont, but now im getting the error msg all the time non stop, i refuse to send it! its now a question of why does this keep appearing on the screen, one no should be enough! this its getting annoying. i know that i could probabbly solve it send it and thats all, but why? i dont think this should work this way

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 10 pro 10240
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:error report

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @Altrus,

It sounds like a system error related to the network, which went into Chrome crashing it, and then looped again into 1Password.

Have you try rebooting the computer to see if it stops?

1Password Helper works on a socket port that it uses to communicate with the browser extension. If there is a systemic problem with the sockets, 1Password will try to repeat setting up a different port and I suspect each time it tries, you got an error back from the system. We have about a dozen of ports we try in the event of the ports being taken by something else.

This discussion has been closed.