What do I need to do when installing a fresh copy of windows 10

Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 from windows 7. But i need to do a fresh install of windows 10 because my machine seems very slow and unresponsive.
My question is, I have 1password on my windows 10 machine, on my iphone and ipad. Before re-installing my fresh copy of windows 10, what files do I need to save from 1password, do I need to bring a copy of my vault? Or can I just re-sync from either my iphone or ipad to windows 10?
Whats the best way to do this?
FYI, I have been syncing using Wi-Fi sync.>

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Wi-Fi Sync
Referrer: forum-search:reinstalling windows 20

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Before re-installing my fresh copy of windows 10, what files do I need to save from 1password, do I need to bring a copy of my vault? Or can I just re-sync from either my iphone or ipad to windows 10?

@The_Ricky: I would say...both! While you can certainly just sync your 1Password vault over from another device once you've installed Windows, it never hurts to have multiple backup options.

Your vault is the one thing you absolutely must save. We can always resend your license information if you lose it, but AgileBits can't give you your vault back if you lose it (or tell you your Master Password) because we just don't have it.

So you can make a copy of your .agilekeychain and simply put it back in place once you install 1Password, or make a brand new vault there and sync the data over from the iPhone or iPad. I hope this helps! :)

• The_Ricky
    The_Ricky
    Community Member

Thank you, I'll give it a try.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Great! Be sure to let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.