1Password and Firefox

Hello,

I'm not having any luck recovering the 1Password add-on for Firefox. I know that this has come up several times in the forums. I've read all of the responses and tried all of the steps suggested. I unchecked and rechecked the browser extension boxes in 1Password preferences. I reinstalled 1Password and once more followed the steps in 1PW preferences. I even tried disabling all of the browsers and then enabling them again. I tried all of this for both Firefox 4 and 3 (including 3.6 and 3.5.9). I'm at a complete loss as to what else to do.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sarah

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forums, Sarah. I'm sorry you are having this problem.

It sounds like Firefox is caching some data from a previous version. You can fix this by completely uninstalling the Firefox extension and reinstalling it:

1. Make sure Firefox is not running.
    2. Launch 1Password from your /Applications folder
    3. Click 1Password > Preferences > Browsers
    4. Uncheck the box next to all versions of Firefox
    5. Launch Firefox and click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions. Make sure that 1Password is *not* listed.
    6. Step #5 is the most important step so I'll repeat it again here :) Launch Firefox and make sure 1Password is not there.
    7. If 1Password is appearing in the Extensions window, click the Uninstall button on the 1Password extension and quit Firefox.
    8. Return to your 1Password window and check the box next to Firefox. There are two versions: 3 and 4. Pick the one that you have installed.
    9. Restart Firefox and click Tools > Add-ons > Extensions. Make sure that 1Password is listed.

After following these steps, the Firefox extension will have forgotten everything about previous versions and should work correctly.

If you are still having trouble, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email to support@agilewebsolutions.com.

Please include a link to this thread in order that we might more quickly "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, though.
This discussion has been closed.