I just installed 1P on a new Surface3 with W10 synced thru dropbox, and it's missing data.

I'm using 1Password on several laptops and iPhones, synced with dropbox. I just installed 1P on a new Surface 3 running windows 10, and it's missing most of my data. I might have installed 1P prior to finishing dropbox sync. I tried uninstalling 1P but it keeps telling me that 1P is running and the uninstall fails. Dropbox says all files are up to date.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 home x64
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Missing data after install on windows 10

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @Studaga,

There is no need to reinstall 1Password, the program files and the data folders are stored separately, so the issue is on your data folder in the Dropbox folder.

You do need to terminate 1Password before you can uninstall it but as I mentioned, you don't need to do this process. Open the main 1Password program and go to the File Menu > Exit to terminate it before uninstalling it.

We've seen Dropbox said it is up to date but it doesn't mean all files have arrived. Can you tell me if you configured Dropbox to use selective sync? Selective sync means only the folders you pick will be synced and it is possible you have a different 1Password vault that is not sync'ed to your desktop.

Can you open the main 1Password program, unlock and click on the Preferences button. Go to the General tab and next to the 1Password Vault, does it show the path to your 1Password folder in the Dropbox directory? If not, then go to the File Menu > Open 1Password Vault and go to your Dropbox folder, see if you can find your 1Password.agilekeychain folder.

One thing that can help is doing the same on your other laptop, see their 1Password Vault path in the General Preferences to make sure you're chosen the right one on Surface 3.

• studaga
    studaga
    Community Member

The 1Password vault looks correct: C:\Users\xxxx\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain
    where xxxx is the user name of the particular laptop.
    I've tried the Open 1Password Vault several times with no change.
    The new installation of 1P has just some of my data but is missing most.

• Hi @Studaga,

Is it showing the titles only but inside the item, the rest of the data is missing or is it the entire items that are missing?

• studaga
    studaga
    Community Member

Both. It's missing most of the titles in logins, wallet, etc., but those shown are missing their data.

• Hi @studaga,

Can you email us your diagnostic report, so we can look at what's going on. Please use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• studaga
    studaga
    Community Member

I sent the requested information.

• Thanks, we've got the email and have replied to your email.

Email Ref: HWR-26634-943

This discussion has been closed.