Cookies Enabled Error

I am trying to access this site using Windows 1Password ver 4.6.0.584

https://members.cambridgeassociates.com/Login/Forms/login-form.asp?bhjs=1&bhqs=1

Using Chrome Version 44.0.2403.125 with 1Password extension Version 4.4.2.90 installed.

I received the following error.

You do not have cookies enabled on your browser. Cookies are information that a website puts on your hard disk so that it can remember something about you at a later time. While our website requires cookies in order to give you secure access to our data, we will not share them. If you do not know how to enable cookies, please contact your network administrator.

I do have cookies enable. I have changed the 1Password setting for this login to never submit and when I get submit manually I still received this error.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: None

Comments

• Hi @sshedd,

Thanks for writing in.

This is very likely not an issue with 1Password but with the site that you're trying to use. The 1Password extension does not set or retrieve any cookies. It is possible that you don't have cookies for third-party sites enabled and the login process of the site requires this (incidentally this would be a bad practice).

Or are we missing something here?

Cheers!

• sshedd
    sshedd
    Community Member

Hi Alex, thanks for the response. I can manually enter the credentials (user ID and password) and I login without fail.

• Well that seems strange. Can you please saving a new login item for this site manually, giving it a distinct name and check if the new login item works without errors?

Maybe 1Password is picking up certain fields on the website during the auto-save process that confuse the site.
    I'm afraid that I'm not seeing the behaviour you're describing, possibly because I don't have valid login credentials.

• Hi @sshedd,

One more thing, if saving the new Login doesn't work via the extension, try this last resort instead; create a new Login item in the main program, not the extension. Give it the username/password and URL and save it. See if this Login will work better as it won't have any additional information about the site and therefore, should be very clean.

This discussion has been closed.