Where do my 1Password passwords reside when I sync with Dropbox?

I'm retiring and need to make sure that my 1Password passwords don't live on my work computer.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:dropbox

Comments

• LauraR
    edited August 2015

@Dnash - If you are using Dropbox to sync your 1Password data on your Windows PC, the 1Password vault is in your Dropbox folder. There is no 1Password internal database. You will need to uninstall the 1Password app and the 1Password browser extensions from your work computer. I would also delete the registry entries -

• Open the registry editor by typing 'WIN+R', entering 'regedit', hitting enter, and confirming that you want to run the program in the UAC (user access control) window.

• In the registry you need to navigate to 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software and delete both the folder 'Agile Web Solutions' and 'AgileBits'.

• Dnash
    Dnash
    Community Member

Will I still have access to my 1Password data on my home computer and my iPhone and iPad? I don't want to lose all that data. Do I need to move it to another computer? Or, as long as Dropbox is on my home computer, will the 1Password data still be on that computer if I delete Dropbox and 1Password from my work computer?

• If your 1Password vault is synced to Dropbox, you can uninstall Dropbox and 1Password from work computer and your 1Password vault will remain in Dropbox so you can access it from your other devices.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @Dnash,

First, make sure your home computer and devices have everything you need from the work computer and after that, de-link the work computer from Dropbox.com site in your browser (click on your name on top right and go to the Settings > Security), so that it won't sync anymore to that computer.

Once you're done, just uninstall Dropbox and delete the Dropbox folder with this guide from Dropbox: https://www.dropbox.com/help/41

• Dnash
    Dnash
    Community Member

Thanks everyone! I'll follow your instructions. It's great having so much help.

• @Dnash - you are very welcome. We are always happy to help at any time.

• RichardPayne
    RichardPayne
    Community Member

@Dnash be careful. The order of @MikeT's instructions is critically important. If you delete the Dropbox folder before you've de-linked it then Dropbox will dutifully delete the contents from all of your devices.

• Correct! Thanks, Richard, for pointing that out.

This discussion has been closed.