My 1Password does not work anymore. I'm using a Mac running OSX Mavericks

wiseowl
wiseowl
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I don't know what the problem is. I tried to download the latest update but it didn't work. I'm using version 3.8.22 build 32010

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:My 1 Password does not work anymore. I'm using a Mac running OSX Mavericks

Comments

• wiseowl
    wiseowl
    Community Member

I posted all the information requested

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wiseowl ,

Thanks so much for including your version information in your original post - that gives us a much better place to start!

Since we're talking about 1Password 3 here, I've moved your post into our Legacy forums, just to keep things nice and organized.

Now, I'm curious, which update are you referring to? Version 3.8.22 is the latest version for 1Password 3. If you are currently using version 3.8.21 and attempting to update to 3.8.22, here's how to do so, if the automatic update isn't working:

• Fully quit 1Password
    • Go to our downloads page, scroll to the bottom for the 'Legacy' versions and download a fresh copy of 1Password 3.
    • Drag this new copy into the /Applications folder to replace the existing version.
    • DO NOT use an app cleaner to remove the existing app

This will get you the latest version of 1Password 3.

If you are already using version 3.8.22 and this version has stopped behaving, I'll need a bit more information about how it is not working. I know this sounds silly, but "not working" is a pretty general term, from a troubleshooting standpoint. Could you be more specific:

• Are you seeing any error messages?
    • Is 1Password not unlocking?
    • Is 1Password not filling?

The more detail you can provide, the more quickly we'll be able to get to the bottom of this. :)

• wiseowl
    wiseowl
    Community Member

Yes I have version 3.8.22. when I want to use 1 password, I sign in to passwords and it does not sync. It keeps displaying "sync 1,2,3,4,5,6 and it just keeps trying to sync and never does. Gary

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Gary ( @wiseowl ),

There's a forum announcement pinned to the top of this forum that should help you out:

Problem with database in 1Password 3 extension in Safari on OS X Mavericks

Please follow the instructions there and you should be all sorted!

• wiseowl
    wiseowl
    Community Member

I followed the instructions given me by Khad. Where do I get 1 Pasword extension to reinstall in safari?????

• Megan
    Megan
    1Password Alumni

Hi Gary ( @wiseowl ),

You can download the extension from our extension download page. :)

• wiseowl
    wiseowl
    Community Member

Thanks

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wiseowl,

Just checking in to see where we stand with you, do you have the extension working now?

This discussion has been closed.