TOTP Supported Sites

Hi,
I'm just becoming familiar with TOTP for the first time, I feel like I've been let in on a super cool secret. Here I am in the dark ages still filling in 2-factor authentication via my texts! The one thing I haven't been able to determine from the knowledgebase articles is this: What is the best way to determine which sites support the 1Password TOTP / One-Time Password features? Is it only sites that have an option to use "App" as an authentication method, instead of SMS? I know you have knowledgebase articles about a few specific sites (Slack, Dropbox, Google), but obviously there are thousands of other sites out there that have 2-factor authentication, how do I know if one of those is compatible?
Thanks for the assistance!
(P.S.: I'm asking about iOS as well as Windows, though I marked this in the Windows category)

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90 (Chrome)
OS Version: Windows 10, iOS8
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb:dropbox-2fa, kb-search:totp compatibility, kb:pro-features-faq, kb-search:totp compatibility

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @aurelius,

What is the best way to determine which sites support the 1Password TOTP / One-Time Password features?

It is any sites that support the use of an authenticator app rather than SMS. On Windows, we don't have the ability to scan QR codes just yet as we'd like to do it in the future but for now, the site needs to give you the secret code to put into 1Password.

You can find a list here: https://twofactorauth.org, look for the ones that support software implementation.

This discussion has been closed.