Browser integration?

derkork
derkork
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I just installed the Alpha but I really can't find an integration with the browser. Is this already implemented? If so how do I integrate this with say, Google Chrome?

1Password Version: 1.1508.60
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

Hi, @derkork!

Did you sign up for the 1Password for Windows Modern alpha team?

The welcome message lets you know what you can do with the app, which is still very much in the alpha stage of development.

Whatever browser integration may become possible in future releases of Windows 10, it is not a feature of 1Password for Windows Modern at this time. Though it is not yet implemented, the app will include an "open in browser" feature for Login items. (You can see the nonfunctional control for it, in the user interface when you've selected a Login item.)

Thanks for your interest in the app!

• derkork
    derkork
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

Mhh okay, I guess I didn't read the message thoroughly. Your message reads like browser integration is not really possible with this kind of app and may not even appear in the future. So I guess this won't be the app I'm waiting for. Are there any plans on modernizing the existing 1Password Windows desktop app, especially in terms of speed/responsiveness?

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

If I understand it correctly, browser integration is restricted by the "sandboxing" built into Windows 8.x and (currently, at least) by Windows 10. That's what I was trying to get across.

Development of 1Password for Windows is ongoing. You can get specific information in its dedicated forum.

• derkork
    derkork
    Community Member

I see - I was thinking the "Modern" app would replace the existing desktop app, but I was mistaken on this one. Thanks for the clarification.

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni

No problem! Thanks for using 1Password!

This discussion has been closed.