How do I know what version of 1Password I have?

When I go to "Help" -> "About 1Password" is shows my version as 1.0.9.342
Is that 1Password 3? or 1Password 4?
I've looked at my receipt and it shows what I purchased is "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Single User License)". And on that receipt it has links to download "1Password 4 for Mac" and "1Password for Windows" but for the Windows version it doesn't say if it's 1Password 3 or 1Password 4. I assume it is 1Password 3 because my Firefox extension no longer works and when I downloaded the extension again, I am now getting the 1Password error, "The 1Password 4 browser extension is not compatible with this version of 1Password for Windows". So I'm guessing that when I purchased the bundle that I purchased 1Password 4 for Mac and 1Pasword 3 for Windows. Why would I get two different versions on the same bundle purchase and now I suppose I have to buy 1Password 4 for Windows to be able to use the Firefox extension?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @rfromp,

That's the version you have, there was never 1Password 2 or 3 for Windows, we went from 1.x to 4.x on the Windows platform.

Please email us at support+windows@agilebits.com with your license information and we'll help you set this up in Firefox.

ref: FUV-84789-699

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

When I go to "Help" -> "About 1Password" is shows my version as 1.0.9.342 Is that 1Password 3? or 1Password 4?

It is 1Password 1 for Win.

I've looked at my receipt and it shows what I purchased is "1Password Mac + Windows Bundle (Single User License)"

If you purchased your bundle in 2013 or 2014 or 2015, then you quality for a FREE upgrade to 1Password 4 for Win. Simply enter your old license key into 1Password 4 for Win. It should "just work".

because my Firefox extension no longer works and when I downloaded the extension again, I am now getting the 1Password error, "The 1Password 4 browser extension is not compatible with this version of 1Password for Windows"

Here's what happened: you were running version 3 of our web browser extension. Starting with Firefox 40, this thing doesn't work anymore and you'll need to update to version 4 of our web browser extension (or use Chrome).

1Password 1 for Win is compatible with version 3 of our web browser extension, but not with version 4 of our web browser extension.

now I suppose I have to buy 1Password 4 for Windows to be able to use the Firefox extension?

Not necessarily. You might qualify for a FREE upgrade to 1Password 4 for Win. Alternatively, you can use Google Chrome (or Internet Explorer).

This discussion has been closed.