Firefox (v40) extension for 1pw v4 - can I make the menu more manageable?

Now with Firefox version 40, I'm stuck using version 4's extension. Which I really don't like at all. I really preferred being able to open up with my fill list of logins and then be able to access other features as needed (much less often).

But that was then (yesterday). With version 4's extension, is there any way to have some of the many, many lines not show up and/or be reordered? I know it's an individual thing so it would have to be able to be modified through options not the chrome.

Anyway, I have to go figure out how to so something called assigning my logins but here's how I'd like to change the extension for my use. http://www.through.net/stuff/1pw-ff.ext.png

-G.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.584
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows 7 (6.1.7601 sp1)
Sync Type: none

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

With version 4's extension, is there any way to have some of the many, many lines not show up and/or be reordered?

@gorham: I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate? And thanks for the suggestion!

But while you may not personally use Identities, Tags, or Favorites frequently, many of us do, so it's good to have those options available (and not buried in some submenu). The easiest way to use the 1Password 4 extension is to simply start typing to perform a search so you can quickly find the Login you're looking for, rather than scrolling through them (like an animal). :scream:

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Sigh. I wish I could actually post that image here. But I can't so.. If you look at the "What I'd prefer" side of my graphic, you'll see I'd have eliminated (or hidden) the AgileBits links, moved the logins and credit cards lines to the top, put the search with the password generator lines and eliminated favorites and tags.

I suspect it's not likely to happen but right now I find myself using the console (desktop) 1pw more than the extension.

-G.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @gorham,

There aren't any immediate plans to reduce the options like that, most of them are being used daily by various types of users. It's also fairly consistent with the rest of the extensions on other platforms.

1. Tags and Favorites are commonly used to find your Logins quickly. For users with hundreds of Logins, a full list via the Logins submenu and folders isn't feasible to use.
    2. Identities are used all the time to fill in your information on shopping checkout pages and so on, so definitely will not be hidden.
    3. The Login items on top are the items found that matches the site you're on, so that definitely will not be hidden.

We've already minimized as much as we can without getting in anyone's way. Despite this, we do plan to make the extension more intuitive in the future and we also plan to reduce the settings while making the interface more contextually smart; we need to do more with less.

This discussion has been closed.