How can I restore if I can't find a backup?

My surface pro was being glitchy, so they gave me a new one. Yay! BUT in transferring everything over, I discovered that a backup somehow didn't make it - even though I thought I had the appropriate files in both One Drive and Dropbox that are supposed to be there for this sort of thing. 1Password can't find the correct file. I tried doing a backup through my phone since it still has all of the relevant passwords etc, but that doesn't seem to be working either. Is there any way to find my information? Can I back up my PC from my phone? Or am I doomed to manually transfer everything by hand?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 8
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Gregby: If you're syncing with Dropbox, your 1Password vault should be there still (unless you deleted it). Additionally, if you have your data on another device (your phone?) you could also sync it back from there.

If you tell me the OS and 1Password versions you're using on all devices, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect, we can figure out the best plan of action. The more information you can give, the better. For example, what backups/vaults do you currently have access to? Thanks in advance! :)

• Gregby
    Gregby
    Community Member

Hi brenty,

I just opened 1password to find all of the relevant info, and it automatically found my vault in Dropbox. Apparently it just needed a day to settle. So, I'm all good.

Thanks!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Ah, excellent! You're most welcome. More likely, Dropbox just needed to finish syncing something. Thanks for the update! Be sure to let us know if we can be of further assonance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.