I lost my vault and don't have backup. Is there a way to get it back?

I am in serious need of help, all my passwords are in there and i have no way to access any of my accounts, facebook, outlook and other things, because i don't remember the password for any of them. The only password i remember is the master password for 1password.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I lost my vault and don't have backup. Is there a way to get it back?

@LucasCarvalho94: The short answer is no. Always have a backup. (Un)fortunately AgileBits has neither your 1Password data nor the Master Password used to secure it, so this isn't something we can 'recover' for you to help directly.

Now, are you certain you do not have your data anywhere else, perhaps sync'd to another device? "[A]ll my passwords are in there" sounds like maybe you do, but you're just having trouble accessing it. I hope that's the case, because without your vault, knowing your Master Password won't do you any good; there will be nothing to unlock.

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited August 2015

@LucasCarvalho94 1Password for Windows automatically creates backups for you here:

C:\Users\<your user name>\Documents\1Password

Were you syncing your vault via Dropbox? If yes, then you should have a directory named 1Password.agilekeychain in your Dropbox somewhere -- probably here:

C:\Users\<your user name>\Dropbox\1Password\1Password.agilekeychain

If you have neither, then I sincerely hope you have a backup of your hard drive somewhere else. I'm afraid AgileBits does not have your data -- this is by design.

This discussion has been closed.