I started my computer this morning and the icon "1P" in the xfinity toolbar was not there.

On my Xfinity toolbar there was a "1P" icon. When I clicked on it I could access any of my websites that were password protected. This morning that icon was gone and I can't access any password on !password program. I have to put the password in manually. What has happened? Actually I think a new update to Firefox is responsible. I just looked at my Firefox add on extensions and 1Password is blocked from my computer and I just downloaded an update for Firefox last night. Can you work this out with Firefox?

Dennis

1Password Version: Password 4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:I started my computer this morning and the icon "1P" in the xfinity toolbar was not there.

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @Dennis_Denny,

The new Firefox 40 update only renders the older 1Password 3 extension broken, which will not be updated as we've moved to 1Password 4 extension.

1Password 4 is working in Firefox 40, there will be a message about it being unsigned but that will be fixed relatively soon.

Can you tell us what version of 1Password extension you have installed in Firefox and if you're using Firefox 40?

If you are using 1Password 3 extension, please read this support guide: https://support.1password.com/v3-extension-firefox/

• Dennis_Denny
    Dennis_Denny
    Community Member

I have Firefox 40 But I see Firefox has add-on extension 1Password 3.9.20. I also run 1Password 4 and I think the extension is 4.2.6. I think I'll wait until you get the 1Password 4 extension signed into Firefox if it won't be too long. Will my icon return when that happens?

• Hi @Dennis_Denny,

Your icon is missing because 1Password 3.9.20 extension is no longer compatible with Firefox 40 but yes, your icon will reappear the moment you upgrade to 1Password 4 extension, regardless of its being signed or unsigned. We're using a different but compatible Firefox library for loading icons in the latest 1Password extension, which is at version 4.4.2 right now.

We don't know how long the extension signature will take, Mozilla is a bit behind right now in its backlog that is exceeding a month. We plan to push the signed extension to the beta channel first before we'd see it on the stable channel.

This discussion has been closed.