1Password in Chrome is not working [Unstable versions of Chrome is not supported ATM]

Chris Mossner
Chris Mossner
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello,
since i installed win 10, my 1password for windows not working at all anymore.
password helper is running but not picking up logins anymore. i installed latest of extension for google chrome and latest version for windows. still not working

any idea?

thanks

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @Chris Mossner,

What is the version of Chrome you're using? Is it Chrome 45 Beta, Dev or Canary 46? If yes, that's a known issue right now with no workaround, you'll need to downgrade to the stable version of Chrome to keep using it. We're waiting for Google to fix the issue on their side.

If you are using the stable version of Chrome, can you tell me which version of 1Password extension is installed in Chrome and what version of the main 1Password program is installed?

PS: There is no need to create duplicate threads for your issues in both 1Password for Windows and/or 1Password for Windows Betas forums here. I've deleted the one in the Betas forum as it is not related to the beta.

• bhusari
    bhusari
    Community Member

Do a reboot to see if it helps. I came across similar issue in windows 7 a few times and rebooting helped fix the problem.

• Thanks for the suggestion, that can help sometime if Windows has an issue setting up the local sockets for us.

• Chris Mossner
    Chris Mossner
    Community Member

Hi, I am using chrome 46.0.2478.0. I just dl from chrome website. extension is 4.4.2.90
    I am able to have it working with new firefox, but chrome not anymore

thanks

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @Chris Mossner,

You're using the unstable version of Chrome, the latest stable version of Chrome is 44. Our extension does not work in the unstable versions of Chrome right now.

Please downgrade to the stable version and 1Password extension will work fine in it.

• Chris Mossner
    Chris Mossner
    Community Member

thanks Mike,

but Chrome is updating automatic after a while

i will try 44 now

thanks

• Chris Mossner
    Chris Mossner
    Community Member

working now with 44

no idea how i got 46

• That's great, I'm glad you got it working.

This discussion has been closed.