If I buy a license , will I lose my trial information (opened with a different user and email) ?

I have a trial one passsword for windows wich was opened by my daughter . Now I want to buy the license. So the question is, am I going to lose the data I have in the trial mode because I"m registering under my own user name and email ?

1Password Version: 4.6.0
Extension Version: 5.8.5
OS Version: windows 8.1
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:If I buy a license , will I lose my trial information (opened with a different user and email) ?

Comments

• Hi @rfundaro,

No, you own your data that you put in 1Password. The license or the trial is all about the program only and your data is stored on the local drive separately from the 1Password program files. In addition, 1Password is not a subscription service, there is no account to sign into, your data is stored on the local drive that the 1Password program is managing for you and that data does not leave your hard drive, which means we have no copy of it.

All the license will do is tell the program that you own it and it will remove the restrictions on editing or creating new items if you have more than 20 items. You can always export your data or view it, we do not believe in locking your data or holding it hostage.

I hope that helps.

• rfundaro
    rfundaro
    Community Member

Thank you Mike, very clear and usefull.
    I have now a better comprehension of the way 1Password works.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

You're absolutely welcome and if you have any questions about 1Password, let us know, we'll be happy to answer any questions and assist with the 1Password setup.

This discussion has been closed.