Wifi Sync no longer working (Windows to iPhone)

Options
sfdxsm
sfdxsm
Community Member
edited August 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hello, I am no longer able to sync my Windows PC to my Iphone via Wifi Sync. Initially, it was working on a wired PC connection as well as on a wifi connection. Now, when I launch the wifi sync window on my PC and then on my phone, no PCs are showing on my phone.

I am confident the phone and machine are on the same network (verified with a network map from my router, including they are on the same frequency of 2.4ghz). The only change I recently made was switching from my ISP's DNS to Google's DNS although I wouldn't expect this to have any impact on my home network.

My PC is my main usage/primary 1Password DB. I only sync against my phone to have my iphone up to date. Would consider using ICloud Sync but it seems to favor pushing the iphone to my PC (which I don't want) and icloud isn't currently functioning properly on my PC.

I am using Windows 10 64 Home Premium. Iphone 6 with iOS 8.4.1 and Windows 1Password v. 4.6.0.585. No other network changes have occurred.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Wifi Sync Iphone iOS 8.4.1

Comments

• @sfdxsm - The WiFi sync will only work across a wireless network and will not work with just a wired connection. If you are now having problems with the WiFi sync can you try some of these troubleshooting steps -

• Make sure iPhone and Windows PC are connected to SAME WiFi network (some networks have both a named network and a guest network).
    • Turn WiFi OFF and then ON again on both your iPhone and Windows PC.
    • Restart your iPhone and Windows PC.
    • Disable WiFi sync in 1Password on your iPhone and then re-enable it.
    • Reset your router by disconnecting from power for about 10 seconds.

Please let us know if any of these steps help.

This discussion has been closed.