Difference between "backup folder" and backups folder" and what's the latter for

Options

Hmm. Well my title pretty much says it all. I've finally gotten my passwords categorized and the chaff winnowed out. That leaves me with the unassigned folder (which seems to have all of my non-password items in it even though they are also in their own sections), all my category folders ... and a folder called "backups". I have no idea what this is for. When I backup my vault, it goes to another drive and I've checked; that is what happens. So what's the backups folder for, if you please.

Thanks as usual.

-G.

P.S. Thank you SO much for the PDF of the manual. What a help!! I'm trying hard to get used to the version 4 extension (Firefox) and will now go to find out what to do with the empty tags and favorites lines. Makes my brain feel fuzzy.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 6.1.7601 service pack 1
Sync Type: none

Comments

• @gorham - It sounds like you have a folder in your 1Password app called 'backups' but this would have been created by you. Can post a screen shot so we can check what you are referring to? If you need any help taking a screenshot, there is a nice guide over at:
    http://www.take-a-screenshot.org
    Thanks!

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    Options

@LauraR - Sorry for the delay. THINGS kept happening. Not, I'm glad to say, with 1pw.

To get it out of the way, I renamed the 'backups' folder; I can put it back in line if you'd like.

Thanks as usual.

-G.

1pw.png 13.9K
  • MikeT
    edited August 2015
    Options

Hi @gorham,

That is a folder you created within 1Password, we do not modify your data within your vault. The backups are stored outside of 1Password into your Documents > 1Password > Backups directory, nowhere else.

This discussion has been closed.