Cannot locate generated password

I generated a password for a new login on a website, copied it from 1Password and then used it on the site. However, the 1Password Chrome extension didn't save the login automatically and when I went to create the login in the 1Password application, my clipboard paste didn't have the newly created password in it for some reason. Now I can't find the password that was used on this site and have no way of finding it out. I looked on the help and there is talk of a Password category, but I don't see that in my 1Password software.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

@elisaalabaster View > Generated Passwords

• Hi @elisaalabaster,

To be clear on what Stefan said, open the main 1Password program, unlock and then go to the View Menu to select Generated Passwords. You'll now see it on the sidebar, select it and you should find all the passwords you've generated. This should let you get back into the site now.

In addition, if it is not in your clipboard at all, you can click on the 1Password icon to select Last Generated Password to fill in the last password you just generated.

This would be faster than looking in the main program.

• elisaalabaster
    elisaalabaster
    Community Member

That only has the generated passwords that have actually been saved to an entry. It has no history of generated passwords.

• elisaalabaster
    elisaalabaster
    Community Member

@MikeT I tried that, but the Last Generated Password didn't do anything when I clicked on it in the Chrome extension and when I tried to paste what was in my clipboard, it was a very old password from more than a month ago.

• MikeT
    edited August 2015

Hi @elisaalabaster,

It sounds like maybe you're using an old 1Password extension that is not communicating with the main 1Password program to record the history. Do you see a red badge on the 1Password icon in Chrome?

To find out what's going on, could you send us your diagnostic report. Use this guide to generate a diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

• elisaalabaster
    elisaalabaster
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

@MikeT I have created the diagnostic report as requested and sent it via email.

ref: VXM-32312-588

• We got your report and it looks like Laura is helping you now. Hopefully, we'll figure this out for you soon.

This discussion has been closed.