Will This CSV file work with 1password?

Hello,
So i have been using Norton Identity Safe for my logins and I want to switch over to use 1password. I exported my logins to a CSV file. What I am worried about is the format of the csv file is as follows:

url,username,password,name,grouping,extra

Will 1password be able to interpret this information in this order? Thank you

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hi @michaelalex17,

When you select your CSV file to import, 1Password will ask you to match the columns; you should be able to assign url to url, username to username, and so on.

I would suggest backing up your 1Password vault right now if you have existing data by going to the Backup Menu in the 1Password program and select Back up 1Password vault. That way, if it doesn't go right, you'd be able to restore to the previous backup.

If it didn't work, our community moderator, @MrC, has written a script to help with the conversion from Norton Identity Safe to 1Password's import format. You can find more information about it here: https://support.1password.com/import/

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@michaelalex17 ,

Absolutely, the Norton Identity Safe converter should work for you, and it handles the Grouping tag in each entry as well, so it might be a better bet than CSV. Of course, I'm biased. :-)

• Please do let us know if you need any further assistance or if you're having any issues with the import process.

This discussion has been closed.