After purchasing 1 Password, what do I do next? I have many different bank accounts.

Options

Do I now have to enter each password in, to each bank account, to start? and how does the program get into each bank web site and then generate a new password?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:After purchasing 1 Password, what do I do next? I have many different bank accounts. Do I now have t

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @Stitch871,

Do I now have to enter each password in, to each bank account, to start?

It depends on what you're saving it as. If you just want to store your bank details not meant for logging into the website, you should create the Bank Account items to store these details.

To log into your bank sites, you should create the Login item for them separately from the Bank Account items. To do this, simply log into your bank site and 1Password should prompt to auto-save your data. You can find out more here: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/saving-logins

The general guideline is that if the item doesn't have a username, password nor a website, you should use a non-Login item category that 1Password has for you.

I'd suggest going through our Quick-Start guide to see how 1Password works: https://guides.agilebits.com/1password-windows/4/en/topic/quick-start

and how does the program get into each bank web site and then generate a new password?

1Password does not change your data, it stores your existing data to make it easier for you to log in with our browser extensions and it has a built-in generator to help you generate a new unique strong password. However, it doesn't change the passwords automatically for you, that's an action you have to take manually for each site.

The Quick-Start guide will work you through all the actions you can do with 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.