149 Items were exported but no 1P_import.1pif file created. Why? What can I do to correct this?

I ran the converter for my Lastpass export file. Here is what happened: The converted imported 162 cards. Exported 13 note items and exported 149 login items. There were no errors. The problem, however, is there was no 1P_import.1pif file on my Desktop or anywhere else. Why did this occur? What can I do to correct this? Your help is greatly appreciated.

John

1Password Version: 4
Extension Version: 6.0585
OS Version: Windows 8.1
Sync Type: none yet
Referrer: kb-search:1P_import.1pif file not created, kb-search:1p Import.1pif file not created, kb-search:no import file created

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited August 2015

Hi @mbjg0788 ,

If the convert_to_1p4 converter had no errors, the 1PIF file will be created on your Desktop by default. Some users have customized Window environments, and so it might be easier for you to re-run the converter and tell the converter exactly where you'd like the output file to be created.

You can add an additional command line option to specify the output file's name and location. For example, to place the output file as C:\1P_import.1pif, add the command line option:

--outfile  C:\1P_import.1pif

to the end of the sequence you used.

It would be important to find that original 1PIF that was created, since it contains your private data in a non-encrypted form. You could do a Windows search for any files that end in .1pif, or that were created during the time frame, or that where named starting with "1P_import". Finally, you could re-run your original converter command in debug mode to verify the output path. Just add the -d option, and you see output such as this:

main                : Command Line: lastpass -d -v ../../_TestFiles/lastpass_export_mac.csv
    main                : Output file: /Users/MrC/Desktop/1P_import.1pif
    do_import           : ROW: 1
    do_import           :           type determined as 'login'
    print_record        : title: joe user
                          tags:  Favorite; A Folder
                          key(url): url = http://www.example.com
                          key(password): password = secretpassword
                          key(username): username = joe@example.com
    do_import           : ROW: 2

If the output is too lengthy, add this to the end of the command line:

| findstr main

to just show you the lines that contain the word mainL

% perl convert_to_1p4.pl lastpass ..\pm_export.csv -d -v | findstr main
    main                : Command Line: lastpass ..\pm_export.csv -d -v
    main                : Output file: C:\Users\MrC\Desktop\1P_import.1pif

By the way, the newer 1.06 version of the converter (available in the _testing folder) tells you exactly where the converter created the output file. Example:

You may now import the file /Users/MrC/Desktop/1P_import.1pif into 1Password

• mbjg0788
    mbjg0788
    Community Member

I ran the commands as you suggested and dos is telling me that the 1P_import.1pif file is found in my /Users/xxx/Desktop directory but when I look there and search there no such file exists. I even clicked on the option to view hidden files and searched for files beginning with 1P_import and ending with .1pif and found nothing. Can you please help solve this mystery? I would appreciate it.

John

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

@mbjg0788,

Sure, I'm happy to help. Would you like some remote help? Or would you prefer help here?

If you want remote help, send me an email - my address is at the top of the convert_to_1p4.pl script. I'll send instructions and walk you through getting the file imported safely.

• mbjg0788
    mbjg0788
    Community Member

Remote help would be great. I am sorry I could not find your email address. Why don't we try the instructions first and if I fail then I will bug you for remote help. Thanks so much for your help. It is much appreciated.
    mbjg0788

• mbjg0788
    mbjg0788
    Community Member

P.S. I tried the --outfile C:\1P_import.1pif command but not .1pif file was found.

• mbjg0788
    mbjg0788
    Community Member

Wait a minute. I just found my file!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) Great. I am psyched. Hey you are the man. I take back my last comment. There was a .1pif file in my c:\ directory.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Ok. I'm out of the house right now, but will send you a private message when I return.

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator

Fantastic!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That's how I feel when I find the money my cats hide under the bed. :lol:

This discussion has been closed.