"Failed to fetch some record zones" error on iCloud sync [new reports of successfully syncing now]

Comments

• vlce_versa
    vlce_versa
    Community Member

Hello, I have 1Password for iPad and iPhone but the version on my iPad is not in sync with the version on my iPhone, on my iPhone it shows 24 items and on my iPad it shows only 19, I tapped sync twice on my iPad but it still shows only the 19 items

1Password Version: 5.5
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: iOS 8.4.1
    Sync Type: iCloud

• Ben
    Ben
    edited August 2015

@vlce_versa,

I've merged your thread with an existing thread on this issue. Please see this post for the latest information available:

iCloud: Failed to Fetch Some Record Zones / Failed to Enable iCloud

Thanks!

Ben

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @wkeving,

I noticed you also posted about this issue earlier today in an older discussion about a similar issue. I merged it in with this thread about the new/current issue that is causing the "Failed to fetch some record zones" error.

From your description here, it sounds like you originally started getting errors in 1Password on Mac and iOS after you deleted data from your iCloud account/settings. That can normally be resolved with the steps that I posted here (which you said you've tried). Unfortunately, there's a new issue which causes the same error message on iOS, so I believe that new issue is what you're experiencing now. As Ben noted above, this new thread has the latest info about what's going on and what we know so far. I'm very sorry for the confusion about all that!

• Waheeb
    Waheeb
    Community Member

For me all I did is remove two duplicate files stored on iCloud and then the message kept popping up every time I hit sync with iCloud. Problems kept rising like, downloading apps from iCloud is slow even though I have a high speed internet connection and keep getting a dialog to enter my iCloud password 2 to 4 times. No luck so far. Hope that helps.

• lund
    lund
    Community Member

Good to see I am not alone with this problem. But frustrating with a major bug with a trusted software. 1Password's reputation declines with each hour the team is unable to introduce a fix.

• Hi @lund,

1Password's reputation declines with each hour the team is unable to introduce a fix.

At this point we aren't sure that it is something we're going to be able to fix, vs something Apple will have to fix. We've filed a report with them and are awaiting their feedback on the issue for confirmation one way or the other.

While it could be an issue on our end, the timing doesn't seem to add up. The issue started appearing late last night, while the last change we release for 1Password for iOS was 6 or so days ago (with the release of 1Password for iOS v5.5). At that point iCloud sync was working fine.

I certainly understand how frustrating not being able to sync can be, so if you need to sync urgently please consider using WiFi sync until the issue with iCloud syncing is resolved.

Thanks!

Ben

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member

@bwoordruff Thanks for the update.

• lund
    lund
    Community Member

Ok, sorry, maybe I'm blaming the wrong people. Anyway the problem persists. I will freeze 1Password for some days until you guys have sorted this out between you.

• Ok, sorry, maybe I'm blaming the wrong people.

We simply don't know that yet.

Anyway the problem persists.

I understand. We only just started finding out about the problem late last night, and reached out to Apple for comment this afternoon. Hopefully it will be resolved soon, but I don't have any sort of a timeline at this point as we have yet to discover where exactly the problem lies.

I will freeze 1Password for some days until you guys have sorted this out between you.

Hopefully this will not take multiple days to resolve, but we'll keep this thread updated with the latest information.

• clk
    clk
    Community Member

Just want to say I tried my iPhone now and it found the vault in iCloud and synced perfectly (with the correct data). My issue has been resolved, perhaps folks should try again if having an issue.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@clk I just checked as well and can confirm it worked for me as well. :)

• bovie2k
    bovie2k
    Community Member

My iPhone is fixed now as well.

• IrkenSkoodge
    IrkenSkoodge
    Community Member

I can now sync with icloud without the error

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

Thanks for the updates!

Once I see more than a few of these I'll update the status post to say it's resolved.

Thank you again for being so patient while this was going on. Wish I could tell you more about what went wrong, but we haven't changed anything on our side here to fix it.

• RBC9
    RBC9
    Community Member
    edited August 2015
    • iOS : error fetch...
    • OSX : please enable iCloud...

Reinstall 1P on iPhone , iPad, and Mac.
    Restart all device
    Turn off iCloud and On
    Reset iCloud data

Problem not resolve

• boyscout
    boyscout
    Community Member

I had been having the same issue today using iCloud sync, but like the last few posters indicated it now seems to be resolved. Thanks for being on top of this and keeping us updated as you looked for a resolution.

• Waheeb
    Waheeb
    Community Member

Not resolved for me

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@RBC9 and @Waheeb It's possible that the issue is in fact fixed for you but that you're encountering a different error, we don't really do very well with presenting all of the errors very well on iOS. It's something I want to improve in a future update. Could you both try the following steps:

1. Make a backup of your 1Password data on iOS like this: https://support.1password.com/ios-itunes-backups/
    2. Remove 1Password from your iOS device.
    3. Reinstall 1Password on your iOS device.
    4. When you open it, please choose "Create New Vault".
    5. Enter the same Master Password as before.
    6. Sync this new vault to iCloud. You shouldn't get any errors.
    7. Restore the backup you created in step one.
    8. Re-sync and it'll ask to merge the data. That's fine.
    9. Let it finish then you can try re-syncing your Mac to iCloud.

If this does not work then I'll have both of you send in some information for us and we'll take a closer look to see if there is something else going on. But generally I've heard everyone else say it's fixed for them so you two are the only two having issues still.

Give those steps a shot and let me know how it turns out. Hopefully that fixes things up for you :)

• Waheeb
    Waheeb
    Community Member

@AGKyle works like a charm, thanks a lot. Those steps helped.

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@waheeb Fantastic to hear.

Thank you again for your patience while we got to the bottom of things. Very sorry for the trouble you had today though. If we can ever help in the future please let us know :)

• Phil7
    Phil7
    Community Member

Fixed for me

• vincentlu
    vincentlu
    Community Member

@AGKyle

Is step 1 required? I tried steps 2 to 6 and step 6 gave me the same error "failed to fetch some record zones."

• AGKyle
    AGKyle
    1Password Alumni

@vincentlu Just to confirm, you removed, reinstalled and created a new vault, then tried to sync that new vault to iCloud and it failed?

That should work if you are encountering the known issue we're aware of. Could be that you're encountering something funny.

I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your iOS device:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ios.html

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :) We'll move our discussion to the email side to get things fixed up for you.

• vincentlu
    vincentlu
    Community Member

@AGKyle yes.

I have sent a Diagnostics Report to the email address.

• vincentlu
    vincentlu
    Community Member

@AGKyle

The support ID is [#YAY-42441-844].

• Testwick
    Testwick
    Community Member
    edited August 2015

My 1Password App (iPhone & iPad) is now able to find my iCloud vault. This issue seemed to have resolved itself. No more " Existing Data Not Found" error.

It's disconcerting this error reared its head, but, I am happy it's now seemingly resolved.

On a note of seeking reassurance are there any theories on why this happened in the first place or what did you folks at AglieBits do to fix it if anything?

Thank you for your prompt help and support 8-)

• lund
    lund
    Community Member

Works here as well.

• kue
    kue
    Community Member

Hey guys. In Germany it is 6:15 now. I made some App updates and saw that they loaded very quick. So I tried to sync with iCloud in 1password. It worked. So maybe the trick is that you must wait for a moment when the App Store seems to have no problems. In the last days it is very difficult to load apps.

I hope you can understand what I was trying to say :)

• what did you folks at AglieBits do to fix it if anything?

We didn't do anything. :) Seriously. So, I suspect there was a temporary glitch at Apple.

• wkeving
    wkeving
    Community Member

Working for me again, too. @AGKyle I never had issues with OS X and sync. Just iOS. Thanks for riding it out with us!

This discussion has been closed.