Moving data from one folder to another - it is a big issue

This is really needed in at least Windows and Mac.
When we move from one app to yours it sometimes puts things in the wrong place even if the old app has them identified correctly,

Some other applications do this, like IQTell, which when you are going to move one record to another folder you setup a matching type record where you go down the list of fields in the original record and then in another column you use a drop down listing the fields in the folder you are moving to and select one that matches. This is then saved for that type of folder to be used over and over.

As a programmer myself it will take some work its not a slam dunk 1-2 hours work but it definitely is not extremely complicated as I explained above.

IT IS A REAL PAIN TO HAVE TO CUT AND PASTE MANY RECORDS!

This is not helping people to move to 1Password and as a Customer development concern should be up in the top priority list which I am sure is quit big anyway. But this an important and very useful feature.

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: windows 8.1 and mac
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Moving data

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@kshivner: Sorry for the trouble! Unfortunately it just isn't possible for 1Password to know about every other 3rd party app out there. But that doesn't mean you necessary have enter everything manually either. @MrC has created a great utility that can help you get your data into a usable state for import into 1Password:

MrC's Convert to 1Password Utility

So long as you can actually export your data in the first place, you should be able to use the converter to format it properly. I hope this helps. please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.