1Password prompts to install Bonjour every time I open Wi-Fi sync

graffiti
graffiti
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

I can't figure out how to sync my android devices, I have Windows 10 on my computer and every time I try to click on WIFI sync I get routed to Bonjour I want to sync my existing tablet and Samsung 6 phone to each other. The phone says I need to turn on WIFI sync on the computer.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: W 10
Sync Type: wi-fi
Referrer: forum-search:sync my android devices

Comments

• Hi @graffiti,

It's not clear from your post if you did install Apple's Bonjour service, can you confirm it is already installed? If not, you would have to download and install it, so that 1Password on the PC can find your mobile devices to sync with. You can find Bonjour here.

After installing Bonjour, restart 1Password and it should now bring up the Wi-Fi sync dialog for your Android devices to find.

I hope that helps.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@graffiti: And just to clarify, Wi-Fi Sync works between a single computer and one or more Android/iOS devices. The computer is a crucial part of this equation, as it acts as the sync server. You can't Wi-Fi Sync only from one Android device to another.

If you're looking to sync only between your Android devices (or sync automatically in the background without requiring a computer present) Dropbox Sync may be a better fit for you. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.