Even after syncing (dropbox), Some Login-notes i updated on iPhone are not updated on my Mac.

Options
Vinzy
Vinzy
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Mac

Been using 1password for months now on my iPhone 5c. Always synced with my Dropbox account. Today I installed 1Password 5 from your site on my Mac. Entered my master key and synced down from my Dropbox. Almost all the items reflected. But when I tried accessing a login-note that I had modified yesterday. I didn't see it updated in my Mac App. also I saved a new login from my mac app and synced. It is not reflecting on my ios.
Help.

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vinzy,

Just to make sure I understand, you set up 1Password on your Mac for the first time, synced your vault from Dropbox, and it seems to have all of your data except for a recent edit to a note in a specific Login item. Also, new items you add to 1Password on your Mac don't sync to 1Password on your iPhone. Is that all correct?

If so, let's start by double-checking some sync settings:

On your Mac, open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences, then click the Sync tab. Does that show your vault is syncing with Dropbox? If not, follow these steps to set up Dropbox sync.

On your iPhone, open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync. Does it show that the Sync Service is Dropbox? If not, follow these steps to set up Dropbox sync.

If Dropbox sync is already set up in 1Password on your Mac and iPhone, but new changes aren't syncing from one to the other, follow these steps to confirm they're syncing with the same keychain file in Dropbox:

On your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences
    • Click the Sync tab
    • Check the file path for the 1Password.agilekeychain file

On your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Sync Service
    • Check the file path for the 1Password.agilekeychain file (underneath Current Sync Method / Dropbox)

If the problem is that one is syncing with a different keychain file than the other, you'll need to disable the sync, then set it up again and choose the correct keychain file.

Let us know how it goes and what you find. If it's still a problem, we'll continue from there. Thanks!

• Vinzy
    Vinzy
    Community Member
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi Drew,
    Thanks for the reply
    You understood the problem correctly. Perfect.
    I checked all the steps to make sure we both are on the same page regarding Sync Settings.
    And they are syncing with the same agilekeychain, still with the intention to reset, on my iPhone i disabled Sync and again synced with the dropbox account. Still no updates or changes. After the setup of 1password on my mac, I saved on more login on safari. Now the total count on Mac 1password vault is 31 whereas on iOS it's still 30. So yes sync is not happening.
    Please let me know.
    Thanks !

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Vinzy,

Thanks for the screenshots! I removed one of the screenshots because it showed some of your email addresses and usernames, so it's best not to keep those around on these public forums.

It definitely looks like everything is set up correctly, so it's possible there's an issue with the .agilekeychain file in Dropbox. You can try resetting Dropbox sync and deleting/recreating that file to see if it solves the problem. Before doing that, you should make a new backup of your data as a precaution. On your Mac, just open 1Password and go to File > Backup.

When you're ready, go ahead and follow these steps to reset Dropbox sync on your Mac:

• Open 1Password and go to Preferences > Sync, then change the sync from Dropbox to None.
    • Check the box to Delete data from Dropbox, then click Disable Sync.
    • Open your Dropbox folder on that Mac and make sure the .agilekeychain has been deleted.
    • Go back to the Sync settings in 1Password and change it from None to Dropbox.
    • Click the Choose button and select your main Dropbox folder (then click Open).
    • Click Create New to create a new 1Password.agilekeychain file in Dropbox/1Password/.
    • Allow Dropbox to fully sync.

On your iPhone, 1Password should stop syncing and give an error when it realizes the .agilekeychain was removed from Dropbox (which is expected). You can follow these steps to re-enable Dropbox sync on your iPhone:

• Open 1Password and go to Settings > Sync > Start Syncing.
    • Choose Sync with Dropbox.
    • When you see your Dropbox account name, tap on the name (do not tap on the 'i' icon).
    • When asked to select a vault, choose 1Password/1Password.agilekeychain.
    • Choose to merge the vaults, if prompted.

After doing all that, does the data match on your iPhone and Mac?

• Vinzy
    Vinzy
    Community Member
    Options

Hey @Drew_AG ,
    Thank you so much for your patience and help.
    Deleting the agilekeychain from the Dropbox and re-installing from the backup followed by basic steps on iPhone worked.
    I'm happy. You are awesome.
    Best wishes with your team.
    Dhanyawad
    Regards
    Vinzy
    Mumbai
    India

• littlebobbytables
    Options

That's great to hear @Vinzy and no doubt Drew will see your kind words on the Monday :smile:

• Vinzy
    Vinzy
    Community Member
    Options

he better does, or else I'll search you, I'll find you and I'll kill you. (Taken) hahahahhaaha

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Don't worry @Vinzy, I definitely saw your message this morning! Thank you very much for the kind words, I'm really glad I was able to help you with that! :)

@littlebobbytables, I think that means you're safe! :lol:

This discussion has been closed.