Master pass not working after Windows 10 upgrade, vault backup not recognized. 1Pass on Mac works.

I upgrade my PC to Windows 10 and since then my master password isn't recognized in the Chrome browser extension. The desktop 1Password app gives me the "Welcome to 1Password" window but when I click "I have used 1Password before" and go to my Dropbox where the latest backups of the vault are, I get a "...is not a 1Password Vault" notification.

Before upgrading to Windows 10, I bought an additional Mac license and successfully installed it onto my Macbook Air with Yosemite. THIS WORKS PERFECTLY! So 1Password IS WORKING ON MAC but NOT ON MY PC.

Unfortunately I can't give which 1Password version I'm using on my PC because I can't open 1Password to find it. I believe it's the latest version. I'm also using the latest version of the extension (I'm sure about that, just uninstalled and reinstalled it).

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:bought additional license for mac and it worked. upgraded original pc to windows 10 - now my master

Comments

• Hi @b_bits,

Do not select the backup zip file, select the 1Password.agilekeychain folder that should be in your Dropbox folder. It might be in Dropbox > Apps > 1Password or Dropbox > 1Password.

If you're not sure where that folder is, open the main 1Password app on the Mac, and go to the 1Password Menu > Preferences > Sync. It should tell you the full path to the folder, use that information to help 1Password on Windows select that folder.

Once you do that, you should be good to go.

This discussion has been closed.