Upgraded to Windows 10 and lost the "key" button in Chrome; only get a circle with straight line.

Upgraded to Windows 10 and lost the "key" button on Chrome, which enables the user to select an account and have it brought up, e.g. credit card account. I only get a circle with a straight line, like the one at the bottom of this screen which opens 1 Password. I use a secure opening screen, too. Pls advise how to get the key back and working.

1Password Version: 3
Extension Version: 4.6.0.585
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: ?
Referrer: forum-search:Upgraded to Windows 10 and lost the "key" button in Chrome; only get a circle with straight line.

Comments

• Hi @rgmund,

Are you talking about this icon:

If it is, that's the normal icon, we've been using it for a few years now with 1Password 4 extension.

• rgmund
    rgmund
    Community Member

Yes, that is the new icon after upgrading to Windows 10. Heretofore, it was a key, which when clicked would open a window to all the logins. Then, you could click to open a particular account, e.g., chase credit card. The chase screen would appear and the login and password would be completed by 1 Password. I can't do that with this button. Pls advise.

• @rgmund - what happens when you click on this new icon - are you prompted for the master password? If you see nothing, then something might be blocking the 1Password extension. Can you try the tips in the Troubleshooting communication issues between 1Password and the extension article in the 1Password 4 for Windows knowledgebase. Please let us know if this helps.

• rgmund
    rgmund
    Community Member

Thanks LauraR,
    This is a little beyond my comfort level, so I am going to have our son (programmer) stop by. However, I think you have pointed me in the right direction. When we get this resolved, I'll get back to you and the others about our success. 1 Password is a great program.

• @rgmund - Please let us know how you get on with this, and we are so glad that you are enjoying using 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.