Out-of-Sync Vault on 2 different

I have a 1Password Vault that is shared between 2 different windows PCs (PC1 and PC2) via Dropbox. One Dropbox was switched off.
Now I have different changes in both copies of the Vault.

If I switch dropbox back on for PC2, will PC1 sync with PC2 changes and PC1 sync with P2 changes? If not, what will happen?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.583
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: kb-search:out of sync

Comments

• Hi @darran,

Dropbox will look at the timestamp of each item in your Dropbox folder. It will replace the older item with the newer one and if it sees two changes made near the same time, it will use the local one it has as the recent item and rename the other one as a conflict copy that you would need to manually resolve.

The first thing to do is to back up the current database on both computers by opening the main 1Password program and go to the Backup Menu > Back up 1Password Vault....

Make sure both computers have the same time and date and then just turn on Dropbox, let it do its thing, see if the changes are merged in properly.

If not, we could restore to the previous backups and you can then go with the manual method of exporting one database to import it in the other database.

This discussion has been closed.