Order of logins

Is there any way to change the order of logins in the Firefox extension other than by renaming them? In my Financial folder, a bank I use only infrequently happens to have the earliest letter in my group. I'd like to move it further down so sites I use more often are at the top. I don't see a move up/down caret so I'm thinking not but if that's the case, might the idea be put in the 'suggestion box'?

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: 6.1.7601 (Windows 7 64-bit)
Sync Type: none

Comments

• Hi @gorham,

If you want a specific Login item to be on the top when you visit the site, favorite it and 1Password will push it to the top. You can also manually sort your list of Favorites as well.

However, if you want the listing of a folder to be manually sorted, you do have to rename the items for now. You can add something like 1. to the beginning to rank them.

We'll keep your suggestion in mind for the future for the sorting of folders. Thanks for letting us know this would be useful for you.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member

Ah. I forgot about favorites. 8-) (that should be a blushing 'me'). Guess I'd best go find out how to use that. Hmmm... I wonder what other features I haven't gotten to. I'm just now getting comfortable with the new-to-me extension.

I'll go quietly.

-G.

• We're here if you have any questions or how you can use 1Password for a specific use case, we may have some tricks you could use.

• gorham
    gorham
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

There was a geekish article (I forget which one) describing several password programs and the need for people to use one or another. Inexplicably they didn't mention 1Password. Several of us jumped on that omission which is what you'd expect. One of the strongest reasons (among several of course) was your availability for help and support. So yes, I know you're there and thank you for it.

-G.

• Wow, that's amazing to hear and thank you for sharing your experiences with 1Password with others, we really appreciate it!

This discussion has been closed.