Demo expired on 31. 1. 2000

numo68
numo68
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi, about 2 weeks ago I installed the 1P 4 for Windows to evaluate its functionality. Now I get that the trial has expired with a bogus date. Is there any way to get the rest of the trial period?

What I did was that I used the importer from eWallet and synced with iOS via Dropbox.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @numo68 - I'm so sorry that you only got a 2 week trial - I'm not sure why that would be and why you are seeing that old date. Please could you email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and we can help you further. Thanks!

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015

@numo68 You're looking at the date of the oldest item in your 1Password vault. By they way: as long as you're under 20 items, the product is fully functional and there are no limitations whatsoever. /cc @LauraR

• numo68
    numo68
    Community Member

@svondutch There are 700+ items imported from another password/private data manager. I am considering a switch so I wanted to test whether 1Password can cope with more than a few, what the possibilities to structure the data are etc.

If the expiration is based on a creation date of the oldest item and the importer at https://github.com/AgileBits/onepassword-utilities sets that at 1. 1. 2000, that would explain the problem. Please advise me what is the best way to evaluate the software with hundreds of entries then.

I am already in contact with the mail support. Thanks. /cc @LauraR

• svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni

Please advise me what is the best way to evaluate the software with hundreds of entries then.

@numo68 While in demo mode, the product is fully functional EXCEPT for the ability to create new Login items. Other than that, you should be able to use your 700+ items without limitations. Thanks!

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2015

@numo68 ,

You can use the --nowatchtower option in the converter to not set the modified date value.

• numo68
    numo68
    Community Member

Just got a temporary license from the support to allow me to extend the trial. Thank you and hats off to your support team! @LauraR

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2015

Admittedly, I don't think we ever accounted for the possibility that you would have items older than 1Password itself, but I'm glad we were able to accommodate you. Be sure to let us know if you have any other questions. We're always here to help! ;)

This discussion has been closed.