Minimise 1Password on Startup

Andrew42
Andrew42
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Please excuse if this has been dealt with in the past. I searched the forum before writing this.

I have added a shortcut to 1Password.exe into my Startup folder. (Is that the correct way to have Ipassword run on startup?). I would like 1Password automatically to minimise when I have entered the Master Password on a boot or reboot. How do I do that?

Thanks for the help.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.6.0.585
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: ??

Comments

• Hi @Andrew42,

I think I'm missing something here:

Do you want to have the 1Password window launch at boot, enter the master password, and then have the application automatically minimise itself?

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Exactly. At present 1Password loads and presents the screen for the Master Password. Once the password entered I am left with a full screen which I then have to minimise. I would like 1Password to minimise once the Master Password has been accepted.

• That is not something 1Password can do. When you open the main app, we assume that you wish to view or alter data in it.

Might I suggest the ALT+F4 shortcut? If you have the tray icon enabled, the app will not quit but minimise into the tray area and stay unlocked for the duration of the lock-out period you defined.

• Andrew42
    Andrew42
    Community Member

Thank you for your help.

• You're most welcome!

This discussion has been closed.