Created new Login item, entered name, password and url, but 1Password won't fill password field

Options
wardcall
wardcall
Community Member
edited September 2015 in Mac

I am a new user. I have added a current log in -entering the name, password and url. When I go to enter the site 1Password does not auto fill the password field. Does it do that with just new logins that 1Password generates the passwords for? If not what could I be doing wrong. thanks

1Password Version: mac 5
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: ug:mac/, ug:mac/new-computer, ug:mac/saving-a-login, kb:save-login-manually

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @wardcall,

I'm sorry you're having some trouble getting 1Password to fill the password field of a website!

If I understand your description, it sounds like you opened the main 1Password app, created a new Login item, and typed your username, password, and URL in the fields there. If so, that might be the problem, because Logins usually work much better when saved through the 1Password extension in your web browser.

Just in case you haven't already done so, please make sure you've installed the 1Password extension in your web browser. With the 1Password extension installed, you can save a Login item for a website by following the steps here: Saving a Login

Once you've saved a Login item that way, you should be able to have 1Password fill the login form on that site by following these steps: Using a saved Login

Does that help? Please let us know how it goes and if you have more questions about that. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.