How do I make autotype fillin more than just password and username?

My job requires me to work with a lot of different companies. And many of them have their own websites. the problem I run into is I want to have it auto fill the whole login form. Many of them require Username, Password, and Domain when authenticating against AD on the back-end. or sometimes it might ask for Username, Password, and Environment. Because I only use these websites very rarely I don't want to have to look up what the domain name is for such and such customer. I would like it if it filled it in like it does the username and password when I tell it to.

And maybe this is easy but I cant seem to figure out how to make it do this.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.2 FireFox
OS Version: Windows 7 Pro 64bit
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:auto-type login with domain

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @Braunyar,

The 1Password extension is supposed to analyze how each Login works and save that information in your Login item when you let the extension save the Login item instead of creating it manually in the 1Password program.

Have you try doing a manual save to see it works better? This guide will explain how: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/

The domain and/or environment field, is it a dropdown menu? If it is, it will be difficult for us to switch it for you and you would need to manually select it before asking 1Password to fill.

In addition, you can add additional websites to the same Login if they authenticate against the same Active Directory server. 1Password can reuse the same Login on multiple domains.

• Braunyar
    Braunyar
    Community Member

I have tried it manually and using the plugin. Either way it captures the text from the field in question. But when I tell it to auto-type it only fills in the username and password. How can i tell the system I need the third field populated?

I can't be the only person who is running into this. here is an example website that I have to login to https://www.openair.com/index.pl

The three fields are listed as such in 1Password

Field Name: account_nickname Value: ********** Type: text Designation: none
    Field Name: user_nickname Value: *********** Type: text Designation: username
    Field Name: password Value: ********** Type: password Designation: password

There is also a check box but that is not important. All three fields capture the values. It is just the account_nickname does not get populated when I use auto-type.

Am I missing something here?

If I am missing something simple please tell me this is driving me crazy.

• Hi @Braunyar,

I just tested this with Firefox 41 and 1Password extension 4.4.2 and 1Password 4.5.0.586, it did fill in all three fields.

Since your three fields were saved properly, please edit your Login item for openair.com and make sure Use Auto-Type in web browser is unchecked and save it. Once you do this, try again, 1Password should fill all three.

How can i tell the system I need the third field populated?

Auto-type can only do two fields, username and password. It is a simple implementation where 1Password just types the username, tab, types the password, and then enter (optionally if auto-submit is turned on). There is no way to customize this and this is meant for the applications, not websites. For websites, you should use the 1Password extension which can handle a lot of flexibility.

This discussion has been closed.