G-Data is blocking 1Password in Chrome after the latest updates

Comments

• laurens_leathan
    laurens_leathan
    Community Member

Hi all,

Got an similar problem on an laptop with Windows 8.1 upgraded to Windows 10. First all internet was blocked except updates on G Data Internet Security 25.1.0.8. Now it blocks Google Chrome. Only when stopping the firewall Chrome works.
    Downloaded the fix however filling in 23 didn't help.

Is this the same error or completly a different one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Laurens

• Hi @laurens_leathan,

I've split your post from the other thread, so we can focus on your issue directly, it might not be the same issue. If I recall correctly, this didn't affect 1Password in Internet Explorer and the 1Password add-on in Internet Explorer doesn't work the same way as it does in Chrome. That's why it sounds like a different issue.

Just to be clear, is it working fine if you've disable the code signature check in 1Password? To check:

1. Open the main 1Password program, unlock, and go to the Help Menu > Advanced and deselect Verify web browser code signature.
    2. Now, go back to the Help Menu > Restart 1Password Helper and restart Chrome, see if 1Password works better.
  • @laurens_leathan

If following @MikeT's instructions results in 1Password working, there might be a regression in G Data's anti-malware software.
    In that case you should contact them and explain the situation. If their support staff have any question, you can refer them to their support case number 0001431656. It will contain all necessary details and our contact information.

Cheers!

• laurens_leathan
    laurens_leathan
    Community Member

I will contact G Data, it's no problem with 1password and chrome, 1password is not used. So probably the wrong forum.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@laurens_leathan: Hey, not a problem. We may not be able to help directly in this case, but we can certainly verify and point you in the right direction if needed. :chuffed:

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

@laurens_leathan,

Please do let us know how it turns out for you, any information you can provide can help other G-Data+1Password users in the same situation.

This discussion has been closed.