1P Firefox extension isn't saving generated passwords

My 1P password extension isn't saving generated passwords to the main 1P application, nor will it output anything when "last generated password" is selected in the extension.

I am running the latest versions of FF and 1P and of the 1P extension, I believe. Yesterday I had to redo an account creation (which was long and tedious) because the generated password I had used hadn't been saved. I also noticed that, although I use the generator frequently, no generated passwords had been saved in the password vault for several months.

Please help me with this.

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585 (12)
Extension Version: 4.4.2
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:generated

Comments

• Hi @amh,

My 1P password extension isn't saving generated passwords to the main 1P application, nor will it output anything when "last generated password" is selected in the extension.

First, do you see the Generated Passwords category on the sidebar in the main 1Password program? If not, go to the View Menu and select Generated Passwords. Select it on the sidebar and sort it by date, do you see the most recent passwords on the top?

If not, can you click on the New Item on the toolbar and select Password to create a new Generated Password item and tell me if it shows up?

• amh
    amh
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT,

The generated passwords category is there and a New Item >Password shows up.

• Ok, can you try again in the extension; open Firefox, go to duckduckgo.com as a test, and generate a new password. Does it show up at all?

If not, what about in Internet Explorer, same outcome?

• amh
    amh
    Community Member

Er, Mike,

This worked - no need to try IE.

• MikeT
    edited September 2015

Hi @amh,

Hmm, maybe we're missing a step that could help us reproduce this.

If you recall the site you used when reporting this issue here, try going to their login page and generate a new password, does that still show up?

If not, would you mind sharing the site with us, so we can test it.

• amh
    amh
    Community Member

Sorry Mike - this used to happen for all sites. Somehow it's "fixed" itself, which isn't something which either you or I are going to be particularly happy with. We want reproducible faults ...

I think the best I can do is get on with using 1P and, if this fault recurs, I'll comment on this thread again.

• Hi @amh,

I agree, it's not something we want to see because it is almost impossible to fix it if we don't know why it is happening. It does however explain why we can't reproduce it or why we didn't see many reports on this.

Were there any updates that occurred recently on your PC, such as Windows, browser update or your security programs?

• amh
    amh
    Community Member

FF4.0.3 was released on Aug 27th, so I imagine mine was updated shortly after that. I do have some recent Generated passwords, in the past couple of months, but none before that since February. Right now I can't give you any more information. I will come back to you straight away if the problem happens again.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Please do! Firefox 41 is out now though. Thanks in advance! :)

This discussion has been closed.