Unable to setup login for citicorp credit card account. Has been a problem for ever...

Never have been able to get it to work with either IE or Chrome. Recording goes ok but when I try to log in I get a message saying incorrect userid

1Password Version: 4.6.0.585
Extension Version: 4.4.3.90
OS Version: 6.2.9200 (win 10)
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:unable to setup login for citicorp credit card account

Comments

• Hi @garykirk,

This may have to do with the way the site censor your username. You may notice that when you enter your username and switch to the password field, the username becomes us***me.

It is possible 1Password saved the censored one. Please open the main 1Password program, locate your Login item for CitiCorp, and put it in the edit mode. On the bottom, make sure the username is correct and not censored.

In addition, I'd suggest trying this URL to see if it works better: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action

Let me know if this helps.

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member
    edited September 2015

Hi, I have a problem with citi credit card login as well. 1Password enters the username and password, but citi does not accept the username. I have to manually type in the username, hit TAB, and then the username field registers my username by changing it to include a few asterisks, and it works. Step by step it works like this:

1) Load URL
    2) Click 1Password Mini and select citi entry
    3) 1Password auto-fills username and password fields
    4) Username field turns red indicating a problem
    5) I manually retype username and hit TAB key
    6) Username changes from username to us****me
    7) I hit enter and it works

I use the following URL to log in: https://www.citi.com/credit-cards/citi.action

Edit: Sorry, I should add that I just noticed this is the Windows forum but I am using 1Password on a Mac. Not sure that really makes a difference because it's the same issue.

• Hi @tastyroadkill,

Thanks for your report, so it is not accepting even if 1Password is filling the username correctly.

We can't force of break the site to do something else but we'll investigate to see what else we can try.

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member

No problem. Just thought I'd let you guys know. Appreciate it.

• We do appreciate that, thanks again.

• tastyroadkill
    tastyroadkill
    Community Member

Just wanted to follow up and let you guys know that citi still exhibits the same issue I identified a few posts above. I know Agilebits does not control citi's website, but Lastpass was somehow able to change the way its software interacts with the site to fix these kinds of errors. Hopefully a solution is around the corner because this is a popular one that I'm sure others also use daily.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2015

@tastyroadkill: Indeed. We've made a number of changes over the years and will continue to do so, but we're always cautious about this as it may break something else; and unfortunately websites themselves will continue to change over time.

And I'll also say that the Citi site has been a headache for me as well! Fortunately, you should be able to have better luck with this login page:

https://accountonline.citi.com/cards/svc/LoginGet.do

If you're still having trouble, often simply manually saving the login will save additional information that will allow 1Password to work. And of course if that doesn't help either, let me know which OS, 1Password, browser, and extension versions you're using and I'll be happy to test it myself to come up with a solution. Please let me know how it turns out! :)

This discussion has been closed.