Do I need to buy a new version for my computer?

Hello. I bought the full version of 1Password, and I admit I’m having trouble with it. First of all, I bought it simply to keep my passwords private but accessible on my devices.
The first thing I had to do was stop the icloud from copying everything. I don’ t want my passwords on someone else’s servers. I’m not sure I was successful with this.
Then I followed the instructions to sync with my Windows computer. I downloaded 1 Password, but all I got was a trial or demo version.
Then it asked me for a licence. I don’t know anything about a licence, I don’t recall getting any information about that after I sent my purchase in.
In fact I don’t recall getting any acknowledgement that I purchased the full version, but the purchase amount did appear on my Mastercard from Apple.
I’m not sure what I should do now, when I clicked on “I lost my licence” and entered my e:mail address, it said it had sent me an e:mail. No such luck.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• VicPaul
    VicPaul
    Community Member

The version i bought was for mt Ipad in August 2015. My computer is windows 10.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@VicPaul: You cannot purchase Windows apps through Apple. Their App Stores are Mac and iOS only, and Mac and iOS apps will simply not run on Windows. When you purchase from Apple, AgileBits has no record of it, and there is no license, as the purchase is tied to your Apple ID.

Similarly, 1Password is licensed per platform, so 1Password for Windows is a separate purchase regardless. So unless you've already purchased 1Password for Windows from the AgileBits Store, you will not have a license for that version. I hope this helps. I'll also send you a private message, so be sure to check that. Please let me know if you have any questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.