Wifi sync/sharing - confused

All I want to do is sync over wifi and share my primary vault with my windows PC, macbook and my two iphones so that my wife and I both have access to important SSN and credit card information if needed. When I try to wifi sync my iphone with my PC, my PC does NOT show up as an option to sync to despite clicking "refresh".

1Password Version: 4.6
Extension Version: 585
OS Version: Windows 10, IOS 8.4
Sync Type: wifi sync/sharing
Referrer: kb:sync-options, ug:mac/sync-icloud, kb:share-vault

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

When I try to wifi sync my iphone with my PC, my PC does NOT show up as an option to sync to despite clicking "refresh".

@Tae: One of two things: either Bonjour is not installed, or the connection is being blocked by something on your network or PC.

First, make sure Wi-Fi Sync is set up properly in the first place:

Syncing over Wi-Fi

Next, check your Windows configuration:

Configure Windows firewall or proxy server

And if you're still having trouble, you can try using a direct connection to eliminate the network itself as the culprit:

How to create an ad-hoc wireless network

Please let me know what you find. I look forward to hearing back from you! :)

• Tae
    Tae
    Community Member

What is bonjour and do I need it for my iphone as well?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

What is bonjour and do I need it for my iphone as well?

@Tae: Technically yes, but Bonjour is built into iOS and OS X, so there's no need to install it there. Bonjour is Apple's zeroconfig implementation, which allows your devices to automatically discover each other on your local network. Of course, it isn't included in Windows, so Apple provides a downloadable installation, which 1Password will prompt you to install when you try to use Wi-Fi Sync on your PC if it does not appear to be installed already. I hope this helps! :)

This discussion has been closed.