Slow launch and unlock times in iOS 9

Options
124»

Comments

• Ben
    Options

@Arnoud,

Thanks for the update, but we are not looking for 1Password crash logs. We're looking for coreauthd crash logs. Do you have any of those?

Ben

• Good morning @Arnoud. Thanks for following up. Could you email me the crash logs you did find? I will send them along with the additional information to Apple. Hopefully it helps to start narrow down the focus of where to fix this bug.

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry guys, no crash logs with coreauthd in any of the locations mentioned. Even a full disk scan on my system disk only comes up with a single executable file, no logs.

• knud
    knud
    Community Member
    Options

Hello guys,
    I've been experiencing the same unlock delays with Touch ID since iOS 9, on my old iPhone 6 as well as on the 6s. Since there were people reporting the issue in this forum, I decided to wait for an update fixing it and as a consequence, I didn't use 1Password much anymore.
    What I found out (and this is the reason for me posting here) is that this problem seems to be caused by sync.
    I tested various sync settings and Touch ID on/off with and without reboots, App in background and App force closed. Consistently, after disabling sync, I get a blazingly fast unlock with Touch ID. With sync on, though, no matter if Dropbox or iCloud, I'm experiencing the delay that others have already discussed.
    I hope this helps you guys tracking down that bug.

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

@knud Wow you're right! After turning off sync for all my vaults, it's blazingly fast again! Not immediately after, but a few minutes later it was. How would sync be related to Touch ID login?!

Unfortunately I really need sync.. :(

• Ben
    Options

Interesting! For the folks experiencing this could you please do us a favor? With sync turned off please send us a diagnostic report, then turn sync back on, wait for a sync to complete, and then if you are still having difficulties please send us a fresh report:

(iOS) Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Report to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostics Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your Diagnostics Report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that it is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the report we should be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

@bwoodruff
    Report with sync disabled: [#HCQ-87764-252]
    Report with sync enabled: [#KQF-55413-846]

Opening 1Password half a day after disabling sync still rendered Touch ID login slower, not sure if that's normal. It took about 5s after Touch ID was validated before I could use 1Password. With sync enabled, it takes about 20s though, so still a big difference.

• knud
    knud
    Community Member
    Options

With sync: [#KZM-68415-475]
    Without sync: [#HKV-68366-813]
    I'm curious to see what happens during that long unlock delay.

• Ben
    Options

Thanks, @Arnoud!

ref: HCQ-87764-252

Thanks, @knud. It appears Rad is replying to your email as I type this. :)

ref: KZM-68415-475

Ben

• knud
    knud
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,
    After today's update (1Password 6.3), the problem still persists. I had hoped for an improvement because the change log stated sync improvements, but as far as I can tell, Touch ID unlock with sync activated is exactly as slow as before (without sync, still no delay in my tests).

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

Same here, even got another crash. Diagnostics report sent: #JTU-45641-421

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Arnoud: Thanks for sending the diagnostics! Hopefully that will help us track down the issue. :)

@knud: We've been able to resolve issues for some folks, but I'm sorry to hear that it hasn't helped in your case. Please send us a fresh diagnostics report after you enable logging (in 1Password Settings > Advanced > Diagnostics > Log Settings, enable App, Agile Keychain, Cloud Keychain, Crypto, Database, Dropbox, Lock, SQLite, Sync, and UI Lock) and encounter the issue again. We'll get to the bottom of this!

• knud
    knud
    Community Member
    edited March 2016
    Options

It seems that there has been improvement in some ways, but the general problem is still there. Sometimes, though, after leaving the app and immediately relaunching, unlocking works just fine.
    My report: #NQI-14165-663

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@knud: Thank you so much for your patience and willingness to work with us on this issue! Hopefully the diagnostics will provide some additional insight into what's causing this.

ref: NQI-14165-663

• Arnoud
    Arnoud
    Community Member
    Options

Same experience here: it seems improved as most of the time it loads fast now. Just not all of the time. I have enabled all requested logging options now too - waiting for the issue to clearly show up again before sending another report.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @Arnoud,

Thanks for the update. Please keep us informed.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.