1Password doesn't work on HTTP Prompt [Must use Auto-Type+App Login]

Options
geoffree
geoffree
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Chrome fills in passwords for me -fine.
BUT never offers to 'collect' make new login for me when I am visiting a site for the first time.
Checked settings: "auto save- login" is on.
Manual save?
Nothing happens when I click on "Save New Login"
what gives?
thanks
geoffrey

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: kb-search:chrome extension doesn't work

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@geoffree: Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and browser versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action. The more information you can give, the better. For instance, are you having trouble with specific sites? If so, the URL may help. Thanks in advance! :)

• geoffree
    geoffree
    Community Member
    Options

OK. (Was just checking there was somebody there first)
    I have been checking this issue on two separate machines. One, a Windows 7 set up recently updated Windows 10 and one that is still Windows 7. Same behavior.
    I am newish user latest version I believe: on both machine:s 4.6.0.585
    Chrome extension: 4.4.3.90.
    I have just moved over from Roboform, and imported all my logins, many of them have imported incorrectly, and I've had to correct them as I did with this one.
    I'm aware that there were some rare login situations where Roboform didn't work either.
    (usually when a separate small login windows opens)
    There seem to be many, many more of these situations with 1password, (which is why i am seriously thinking of going back to Roboform.)
    An example of a page that won't respond to 1password, (but is fine with Roboform) on my own website - I set the security myself via web provider cpanel.

http://www.geoffreybaird.com/gbontour/gbontour.htm

Keyboard shortcut doesn't work (ctrl +\ - it is turned on in preferences)
    Clicking the 1password logo in the browser window - top right - nothing happens

• Hi @geoffree,

That's a basic HTTP authentication prompt, it's not something 1Password extension can reach because that prompt belongs to the browser, not to the website where our extension can work.

To work on HTTP authentication prompts, you have to create an app login instead of a website login. Here's how:

1. First, open the HTTP authentication prompt from your browser, so that 1Password can see it
    2. Follow this guide to start the process of creating an app login. Since you already have an existing Login, skip the first two steps and edit your Login item for the site. Select the HTTP authentication dialog you have opened for the app chooser.
    3. Once you have it saved for the prompt, go to your HTTP authentication prompt and focus the username by clicking into it and then press Control + \ and that should work to fill in.
This discussion has been closed.