I have 1password on my iMac and my iPhone. How can I transfer it to my MacBook Air?

I have 1password on 2 Apple devices: iMac & iPhone 6. I want to transfer my 1Password, with all the info, to my MacBook Air. How can I do this?

1Password Version: 3.8.22
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.10.5
Sync Type: icloud
Referrer: forum-search:I have 1password on my iMac and my iPhone. How can I transfer it to my MacBook Air?

Comments

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni

Hi @PhilipT,

I've moved your message to our "1Password 3 for Mac" forum, since that's the version you're using on your Mac. I hope you don't mind!

1Password 3 for Mac supports Dropbox sync, so you can use that to sync your 1Password data between both Macs (if you're using 1Password 4 or higher on your iPhone, that can also sync via Dropbox). How are you currently syncing your data between your iMac and iPhone? If you already use Dropbox sync in 1Password, it's very easy to get it set up with 1Password on your new MacBook Air as well.

If you're not sure, open 1Password 3 on your iMac, unlock if necessary, and go to the menu for 1Password > Preferences. On the General tab, the Data File field will show the current location of your vault (i.e. the .agilekeychain file). If it's somewhere in your Dropbox folder, then all you need to do on your new MacBook Air is install Dropbox (and let it sync all your Dropbox files to that Mac), then install 1Password and start syncing it with your existing vault in Dropbox.

In your message, you said your sync type is iCloud. However, iCloud sync isn't supported in 1Password 3 for Mac. If you'd like to use iCloud sync between your Macs and iPhone, you'll need to upgrade to 1Password 5 for Mac from the Mac App Store (iCloud sync is not currently possible in the AgileBits Store version of 1Password for Mac). You'll also need 1Password 6 for your iPhone, if you don't already have it.

I hope this helps, but if you have more questions or need more specific instructions for any of that, just let us know - we're here for you! :)

• philippainter
    philippainter
    Community Member

Thanks so much. Been busy & just saw this. I'll look at it more carefully tomorrow & get back. Thanks!

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @philippainter,

We'll be here if you have any questions or issues :smile:

This discussion has been closed.