Multiple-page login [Process "Control + \" on each separate page]

Options
Captchuck
Captchuck
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

My bank has a three page login. I saved the first page (username) then chose to do the security question manually. Next it went to the Password page, which has a slightly different URL. I saved the password and after signing out I tested it. The username came up and filled in properly but when I got to the password page nothing happened. I used the login for the password and it took me back to the Username page. I then found out that it was using the same URL as the username page, so I manually changed the password url to the correct one. Upon testing it changed the url back to the username page and took me there. What am I doing wrong?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Firefox
OS Version: Win7
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:multiple-page login

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @Captchuck,

Did you invoke 1Password to fill the password on the second page? If not, 1Password doesn't automatically fill on separate pages as you go through the login process for security reasons, imagine if the site redirects you to something else and 1Password fills in the password; you have to manually press Control + \ again for each page during the login process and 1Password will then fill them in.

As for the URL, it is possible the password form is in an iframe that points to the same URL as the username page. In the other words, while the URL in the address bar shows something else, the site is loading the fields from a different page (same server as the username) and that's why 1Password saved it with that server URL, not the one in the address bar.

Please try again to save the password on the password page manually with 1Password extension and when on the password page, try Control + \, does it work now?

• Captchuck
    Captchuck
    Community Member
    Options

I changed nothing else and used the control + \ and it filled in. I can see the logic in not having it fill automatically.
    Thank you very much for the help.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.