Demo not saving login into on Win7+Firefox 40.

Options

Most of my work is done on a Windows 7 desktop and Firefox. I use a MacPro and several iOS devices when I travel. My plan is to buy three licenses of 1Password for Mac, Windows and iOS. I want to use Windows and 1Password and Foxfire to keep my 1Password list up-to-date and then travel with my MacPro and iOS devices with the 1Password vault shared via Dropbox. But so far the demo does not seem to work on Windows 7 and Firefox 40.6.0.586.

I’m using the demo of 1Password 4.6.0.586 with Firefox 40.0.3 on Windows 7 x64 with the latest updates. When I enter my login information on several websites nothing happens. For example ancestry.com, geni.com, Entune and gedmatch.com to name a few. The extension is installed and enabled. Auto-save is enabled in the application preferences. The button appears properly and under settings auto-save logins is enabled. Even if I try to manually save the logins nothing happens i.e. hit the 1Password FireFox button and go to settings and manually select “save new logins” no dialog box shows up and nothing happens at all. So I can’t save login information automatically or manually.

So far the only logins it has memorized are for Facebook and Twitter. But for twitter is doesn’t work because when I log out and go back to twitter and hit login 1Password enters my username into the “Download the app” section and not into the login box. Facebook is the only site that actually works of all the sites I’ve tested.

Interesting it seems to work in chrome but I don’t use chrome and have most of my logins saved to Firefox. Chrome tracks users so I avoid it and would prefer not to use it at all for that reason.

I have no security nor antivirus software installed other than Avast which I disabled while testing and it still didn't work. My network is pretty simple - Comcast router with DHCP and no VPNs or anything fancy. I've read the docs and I'm not really sure where to go from here.

Thanks in advance for your support!

1Password Version: 4.6.0.586
Extension Version: 4.4.3
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• MikeT
    edited September 2015
    Options

Hi @DemoUser,

For example ancestry.com, geni.com, Entune and gedmatch.com to name a few.

I can confirm that 1Password prompted to save on all of these sites for me and I was able to fill in the data afterward, so there's something interesting going on with your Firefox setup. I tested with Firefox 41, which is the latest version with 1Password 4.4.3 extension.

The fact that Chrome works suggest it is a configuration issue within Firefox.

Do you have any other extensions beside 1Password in Firefox?

If you're not sure, please use this guide to generate a 1Password diagnostic report to email to us and, in the email, also include the link to this thread along with your forum username.

Let us know here when you've sent it, so we can look for it, and confirm we got the email.

My plan is to buy three licenses of 1Password for Mac, Windows and iOS.

If you are the only 1Password user, you don't need to buy additional licenses, just one license per platform entitles you to use 1Password on any number of devices you use in various locations. In addition, we do allow you to share the license with up to 5 family members in the household, so it is total of 6 people.

We also sell Mac+Windows bundle license at our web store, so you can get a discount on that as well. So, you just need two purchases: the iOS in-app purchase and Mac+Windows bundle license at our web store.

This discussion has been closed.