1P for iOS/Mac is beautiful, when can we see the same things in Windows?

Options
nd3r
nd3r
Community Member
edited September 2015 in 1Password 4 for Windows

Hi,

I downloaded the latest 1P for iOS recently and I must say that it looks great!
Why can't you guys spend some time improving the GUI/features for the Windows desktop version also?

Both the 1P for iOS and Mac looks great and has some nice features which Windows doesn't seem to have. The Windows version of 1P feels like a software from the 90's which no one cares about anymore :(

If we just put the GUI to the side and discuss features between Mac and Windows; the Windows version doesn't have "convert to login" option if I'm not wrong? Really frustrating when you generate a new password and it won't save the credentials directly in the browser. Then you have to open the desktop app, go to generated passwords, copy password, create new login, enter username, paste password, save etc.

The Mac version has a "1P Mini" in the taskbar, why can't we get something similar to the Windows taskbar to quickly find/search for a password?
Mac version has the option to search for a password directly from the Chrome extension when pressing the 1P icon, in Windows you have to open up a separate "Search" window to do the same, why can't we get the same?

I really like 1P, each time I want to try out another password manager, example LastPass or Dashlane, I always end up moving back to 1P because of the nice features it has compared to the others. But please put some time into creating a better looking software with the same features across all platforms instead of favoring some of them.

EDIT: And what about Google Drive sync!?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nd3r: We don't have anything to announce with Google Drive, but it's certainly something we can consider adding in the future.

I'm glad to hear that you like 1Password for iOS and Mac so much! We'll be improving cross-platform consistency going forward, so I appreciate you letting us know which specific features you'd appreciate. We'd also like to give 1Password for Windows a makeover in the future as well, but right now we're focused on accessibility. Thanks for the feedback! :)

• ChrisDE123
    ChrisDE123
    Community Member
    Options

I'm a little sad that the edit feature of windows is still not consistent with the Mac version.

The user Kovah even created a Mockup on how it could look on Windows => https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/124164/#Comment_124164

This would make editing logins much easier and intuitive (and I could stop explaining it repeatedly to my mum)

It seems you just keep on closing these kind of discussions ( https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/178901 , https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/124164 )

• Hi @ChrisDE123,

We are fully aware that the separate editor window is not intuitive or the best we can do. This will change in the future but we have no timeframe on this; it is not an easy fix and part of the reason we came up with the separate editor was because that's the best solution we had at the time.

The inline editor in that mockup is not something we could do without breaking a lot of support such as accessibility, concealing fields and so on. For an example, a concealed field cannot be switched to an editable, revealed and inline field on Windows that easily. That's why when you edit the item, it opens up in a separate window with no concealment by default. We also had issues with accessibility tools not being able to read custom UIs at all, accessibility is one of our core focuses. A lot of progress has been made by Microsoft lately and hopefully, we'll have a solution in the near future that'll replicate the experience on Mac/iOS. There's also some great work being done by our relatively new Windows Modern team here.

As for the old discussions, that's because it is old. We close or archive old discussions automatically to prevent old topics from getting notified of new posts that might not be relevant. Each time someone post to an old thread, everyone inside that thread would be notified, thus we close them and ask people to create new threads.

• ChrisDE123
    ChrisDE123
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks for the fast and thorough reply :+1:
    I can understand your reasons from a programmers perspective, ... too bad. However I did not know about the Windows Modern app. Looks very nice and promising, will give it a try soon :)

• You're welcome.

If you have any feedback on the Windows Modern app, please share it in our Windows Modern app forum. Note, editing is not yet enabled but should be coming soon.

This discussion has been closed.