I have 3 new suggestions.

Options

Here's some suggestions:

1. I'd like it if there weren't a max time limit under "Preferences-Security". On the "lock after X minutes of inactivity". It gives you a max time limit of "480" minutes. I'd like it if it would let you be able to enter "days" as well as minutes? So lets say I want it to auto-lock after 3 days or something. Some peoples computer are always kept in a secure environment, and so there would be no need to have so frequency of entering in the Master Password as often.

2. One problem is it seems the program doesn't recognize the little check boxes when you log in. Say a "stay logged in" check box, or something. Looks like if you check that box when you FIRST save a new login, then it will remember it. But if you didn't check the box when you first logged your new login, then the next time you log in with 1Password and you manually check the box. 1Password doesn't give you an option to update your login so that means it will NOT remember in the future to check that box while logging in. Only way to fix it is to delete the login and login manually with boxed check, and have it save the new login. Would like it if 1Password would recognize if you later checked that box, and for it to ask you if you want to update your login to include the box to be checked.

3. On some logins, every so often, they'll ask you security questions. I save the security questions and the random junk answers in the notepad area of the login. Problem is I have to open up 1Password, scroll to find login and then copy the "answer" and paste in the answer on the login page. I would like it if by going to the 1Password icon in the upper right, scrolling down for the "login" and then be able to access the notepad area to copy the correct "answer". I think that would make it quicker and easier than having to go and open up the 1Password program to get to the notepad. Or maybe you could instead make a category under the login that let you put in the security questions and "answers" that may work better than putting it in the notepad area.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• MrC
    MrC
    Volunteer Moderator
    edited September 2015
    Options
  • Hi @baker,

Thanks for your feedback, we appreciate it.

I'd like it if there weren't a max time limit under "Preferences-Security". On the "lock after X minutes of inactivity".

This isn’t something we plan to do any time in the future. Our goal is to avoid storing sensitive data in your memory any longer than it needs to be and as long as 1Password remains unlocked, the risk increases every second. Thus, we have to minimize the amount of time 1Password remains unlocked, even in a secure place. Note the risk is also from a remote connection, you can be remotely compromised even if you’re using 1Password in a locked room, as long as you’re connected to the Internet.

But if you didn't check the box when you first logged your new login, then the next time you log in with 1Password and you manually check the box. 1Password doesn't give you an option to update your login so that means it will NOT remember in the future to check that box while logging in.

That’s intentional, 1Password only monitors the password + website address to see if it needs to be updated. Checkboxes aren’t reliable, it could trigger hundreds of false positive auto-save dialog every day if we monitor this one as well.

You can manually edit your Login item in the main 1Password program to check the checkbox and save it, 1Password will then try to check the box for you assuming you’re using the 1Password extension that supports checking the checkbox.

We do plan to make the 1Password’s interface more intuitive in the future to make this easier to adjust for you.

I would like it if by going to the 1Password icon in the upper right, scrolling down for the "login" and then be able to access the notepad area to copy the correct "answer".

This will be improved in the future. For now, you can hover over the Login item and it will show you the information in a pop-up but you can’t copy the data at the moment.

To get the pop-up working, you also need to make sure this is turned on in the main 1Password program’s Preferences > Logins and check the box next to Show note in hint window (where available). At the moment, this is not supported in Firefox.

• baker
    baker
    Community Member
    Options

I went and edited and did the "add new section". I then titled it "Security questions". Then did "Add Password".

I then entered in the questions, i.e. "what is your favorite color". Then I put the garbage answer/password next to it. I'll see how this works as I haven't tried to see if it works.

Other problem was doing this, it made the box I was editing in way too tall. Meaning the bottom part of the box was sitting to low off the bottom of the screen. I had the box pulled all the way to the top, but still could NOT see the bottom that had the "OK". So when doing this where was no "save" or "ok" button as I couldn't see it. Instead I just hit "enter" on my keyboard and it saved. I tried shrinking the height of the box, but I can't shink it enough as the bottom still hangs off the bottom of the screen.

But that needs to get fixed. On other logins I haven't added any new sections on it. The bottom of the screen hangs off. I have to drag the top of the box down to squish it. Then I pull the whole box back up so I can see the bottom "OK" part of the box.

The problem is this resizing isn't saved. So when I click on another login, I have to readjust the hieght size of the box everytime so I can see what's on the bottom of the box.

Please fix this. Thanks

• Hi @baker,

We do plan to overhaul the item editor experience but I don't have a timeframe on this and this will not be a quick fix.

Fr now, the editor is coded to make sure it can fit the size of your screen by collapsing the sections for you automatically and it will not retain the size you've set because each item will be different, so we set it to the smallest possible each time. This isn't a great experience as we want to provide in-line editing in the main program instead in the future.

This discussion has been closed.