firefox icon does not show on reinstall

Options
MarcC
MarcC
Community Member

I removed the 1P shortcut on Firefox, removed the add-on, then reinstalled it from your site. It said (3 times) that it installed correctly, yet no 1P icon shows up. I restarted Firefox twice, still no icon. I rather use Firefox than Safari, but need to use Safari until this problem is resolved. Can you assist with how to manually work around the icon install problem? Thx.

1Password Version: 5.3
Extension Version: Latest
OS Version: 10.10.5
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:firefox icon does not show

Comments

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member
    Options

What version of Firefox are you using? Is the icon visible if you click on the hamburger icon at the right end of the FF toolbar and then choose Customise?

Stephen

• Drew_AG
    Drew_AG
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @MarcC,

If you're using the latest stable version of Firefox (currently 41.0), please go to Tools > Add-ons and make sure the 1Password extension shows up there and is enabled. If it is, try these steps:

• Go to View > Toolbars > Customize.
    • Look for 1Password in the list of Additional Tools and Features.
    • If you find it, drag the 1Password icon to Firefox’s toolbar.
    • Click Exit Customize to finish.

Does that help at all? Let us know how it goes and we'll take it from there. Thanks!

• MarcC
    MarcC
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks, gents. The icon simply stayed in the bin of icons available to be put onto the bar. I guess Firefox (the latest) did not follow the 1P plugin instructions to put the icon on the bar... a Firefox bug, or limitation, perhaps. Thanks for the workaround. It's working now. - Marc

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I guess Firefox (the latest) did not follow the 1P plugin instructions to put the icon on the bar...

@MarcC: I know! 1Password tries not to take it personally, but of course it hurts a little to be ignored like that! :lol:

I'm glad to hear that did the trick for you. You should be all set, but don't hesitate to teach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.